UPSC Coaching Institute In Vellore
|Exam Schedule||Notification Date||Last date of receipt of applications||Date of exam|
|UPSC Prelims 2018||03.06.2018|
|Indian Forest Service (Prelims) through Civil Service (Prelims)|
- Personality Assessment Test (interview)
Prelims – Civil Services Aptitude Test
|Paper I – General Studies||Paper II – Aptitude Test|
Main exam consists of 7 papers +2 Qualifying Papers
|Paper on Indian languages (21) (Qualifying Paper)||250 Marks|
|English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|General Studies I ;
Indian heritage and culture, History and Geography of the world, and Society
|General Studies II||250 Marks|
|General Studies III||250 Marks|
|General Studies IV||250 Marks|
|Optional subject I||250 Marks|
|Optional subject II||250 Marks|
|Essay Paper||250 Marks|
Personality Assessment Test (Interview) – 275 Marks
Total Marks for Main examination – 2025 Marks
- Only Indian nationals eligible for IAS and IPS
- For other services – citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee
- Minimum graduation and minimum 21 years of age
- Maximum age limit
Category Maximum Age Number of Attempts General Category 32 6 Attempts OBC 35 9 Attempts SC / ST 37 Unlimited Attempts Domicile of J&K between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989 37 Unlimited Attempts Blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidate 42 Belonging to General category will get the benefit of 9 Attempts
- Candidate should be compulsorily a Graduate (Regular or Correspondence)
List of Services
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
* If you appear for any of the paper for the Prelims exam, it will be counted as an attempt. If you fill the application form and do not appear for the exam, it will NOT BE COUNTED as an attempt.