The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is an independent state government body responsible for the recruitment of personnel into the state's public service. The duties and functions of this body are governed by Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
With regard to TNPSC examinations, the posts are categorized in various ways. Group 1 posts carry high levels of authority and decision making, while these are subsequently reduced at other levels.
About TNPSC Exam
Chennai IAS academy has earned the enviable reputation of a premier TNPSC coaching centre in Chennai. As one of the best institutes for providing coaching for Group I & II examinations, we have helped more than 600 candidates clear the TNPSC examination, over the years.Chennai IAS academy also has TNPSC coaching centre in Vellore.
Benefits of Chennai IAS Academy's TNPSC coaching
- Focussed approach.
- Experienced faculty.
- Excellent study materials and coaching.
- Periodical tests, mock interviews with IAS and IPS officers in service.
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I).
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Commissioner – Commercial Tax officer.
- District Registrar.
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest.
- District Employment Officer.
Group IV & VAO (CCSE IV)
- Junior Assistant.
- Steno Typist − Grade III.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER, GRADE-III in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Junior Assistant (Security).
- Bill Collector Grade-I.
- Junior Assistant (Non-Security).
- VAO (Village Administrative Officer)
Group II Services (Interview post)
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (DCTO).
- Sub Registrar.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Assistant Inspector of Labout.
- Junior Employment Officer.
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department/ TNPSC/ Finance Department/Various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Special Assistant in the Vigilance and AntiCorruption Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments.
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives.
- Senior Inspector of cooperative societies.
Group II Services (Non Interview post)
- Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department.
- Assistant in Forest Department.
- Personal clerk in Finance Department, Secretariat.
- Personal clerk in (other than Law and Finance Dept) Secretariat.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
- Handloom Inspector.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department.
|S.No.||Name of the post||Minimum Age (should have completed)||Maximum Age (should not have completed)||Educational Qualification|
|Sc/ST, MBC/DNC, BC, BCM &DW’s of all castes||others|
|1||TNPSC Group I Services||21 years||35 years||30 years||Any Degree|
|2||TNPSC Group II Services||18 years||No Maximum Age limit||30 years||Any Degree|
|3||TNPSC Group II A Services(Non Interview post)||18 years||No maximum Age limit||30 years||Any Degree|
|4||TNPSC Group IV Services||18 years||10th std passed Degree – No Maximum Age limit||30 years||10th std|
|5||VAO Exams||21 years||10th std passed Degree – No Maximum Age limit||30 years||10th std|
|SL NO.||TNPSC EXAMS||GENERAL STUDIES||LANGUAGE GENERAL TAMIL||LANGUAGE GENERAL ENGLISH|
|1.||Group I Prelims||General Sudies||-||-|
|2.||Group I Mains||General Sudies||Paper II Tamil||Paper I English
Paper II English
|3.||Group II Prelims(Interview post)||General Sudies||General Tamil||General English|
|4.||Group II Mains||General Sudies||-||-|
|5.||Group II A Exam
|General Sudies||General Tamil||General English|
|6.||VAO||General Sudies & Village Administration||General Tamil||General English|
|7.||Group IV||General Sudies||General Tamil||General English|
|S.No||Course Name||Course Duration|
|1||TNPSC Group I & II Prelims Exam||5 months|
|2||TNPSCGroup I Mains||5 months|
|3||Group II Mains||4 months|
|4||Group II A (Non Interview post)||4 months|